1. Psychodrama Workshop and Course
a. My Stage Workshop – EQ, Personal Growth and Mastery through Psychodrama
“It’s like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.” – Patrick Rothfuss in the Name of the Wind.
Anchored by a psychologist and theatre professional, My Stage is a two day workshop that helps participants to explore themselves and understand others through theatre. Our education does not train us to understand and manage our emotional side. This workshop builds on the work of J.L. Moreno and others to help participants explore the expression of emotions.
The workshop helps build EQ which in turn helps in understanding oneself, in being able to express as well as control one’s emotions better, to understand others and situations we are in a deeper way and behave judiciously. “IQ gets hired, EQ gets you promoted.”
b. Psychodrama Course – For those who want to a deeper understanding of Psychodrama, EQ, Personal Growth and Mastery through theory and interaction.
2. Learning Tours – How much of our world do we really see even though we pass through it everyday? Come journey with us and rediscover the world you thought you knew. Our tours aim to help participants see beyond the obvious. All our tour products are built around narratives that is well researched. Our Kochi tour explores the story of an ancient port that totally disappeared over one summer (the summer of 1341) and the story of Vasco da Gama who circumnavigated the cape of Good Hope to arrive at Calicut in 1498 and the conflicts that arose from that event.We have tours for young people, for adults and for the entire family. Make learning a family habit. We also provide customized learning tours to meet your requirement, if you are a group of minimum five members.
3. School Outreach Program : Our school system is in the middle of a major upgrade due to questions raised by several studies both in India and abroad that have shown the short comings of pure rote learning and theory without application. In response to this, schools have begun to implement programs that encourage experiential learning and application of theory. We at the Talk Shop, based on our framework for learning, assist schools to implement this change.We have several school outreach programs – a) Exploring the history, culture and traditions of local and neighbouring places that appear in the history books as well as daily life. b) Living in Society Tours (understanding our institutions such as banks, post office, industries and how to interact with them. c) Experiential Learning Trips on topics that are taught in school
4. The Story of Things
:”I realized the importance of having a story today is what really separates companies. People don’t just wear our shoes, they tell our story.”
– Blake Mycoskie, Chief Shoe Giver, TOMS Shoes
Whether you are a businessman making a pitch for new business or a scientist reporting exciting findings, your ability to tell a compelling story is what will decide if you are heard or not. Learning to tell the story of things is all about presentation. Presentation is also about creating the right product-service package. If you have an idea, a project, product or a brand and want to tell its story, come to us.
5. Club Membership: For a monthly fee, members get access to a range of services including interactive discussions on emerging topics in the field of science, education and learning, share thoughts on building a learning culture within the family.